SaijinMoon Volume 3: First Draft

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The First Draft

About two or three months ago I released the third chapter of Saijin Moon. It was one particularly wrought with major snafoos up to my wazoo. Pretty much it was a hellish nightmare because everything that could go wrong actually did. -_- Thankfully I was able to salvage some of the pictures to create this 'first draft' blabfest about what could have been in the third installment. Mind you -- this is only a blabfest not an actual story. But I figured it might be neat to show the chaotic process of my mind when creating the story as well as a few 'before and after' pictures to demostrate what exactly I do to the pictures and finally (woot long run-on sentence) show a nice tidbit about Oni's status. These blabfests are usually in my mind-frame POV so please pardon the mess.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It all started with that bullheaded Taurus kicking Oni out of the Mess Hall. He's not particularly happy about that part but he'll never take it back either.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thinking that she was booted from the ship this left Oni in a rather foul mood. She used the ship's teleporter chamber to zap her down to---well eventually she ends up on Earth. . . and on a bench. Is it me or does she look miffed? I think she looks miffed. I would be too if I was just bellowed at by a rather loud and grumpy billy goat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eventually she meets the blonde guy. Wasn't really sure what I was going to have them converse about but the fellows in the background were the important factor. You see, they are baddies. (*Nods head*) A good action story needs the baddies to irritate the goodies.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've forgotten their names by now. My memory never retains useless information so Veto and his friend Derek really don't occupy my mind in the least. Except that I need them as the temporary baddies. They spy Oni and figure she's pretty hawt for a female with a tail sticking out of her arse. But hey, who are they to be picky? o_O

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Veto is about ready to open up a can of whoop arse. He's going in for the kill while Derek follows close behind. Poor Oni it looks like her luck is just about to get ---chuckles--- worser. (*Runs like mad from the grammar police*)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Let me go, let me go, Oni would most likely cry out. The two street thugs would then attempt to drag her into the nearest alleyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh but it looks like the blonde male is trying to help her out! Derek doesn't like this because it hampers their style. He decides to go after the blonde interloper. Meanwhile Oni struggles like no tomorrow but Veto has an iron-clad grip on her arms. Nevermind the fact that she has the physical strength to lift the titanic with one hand. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Random picture. I had no clue what to do with this thing. Thus the true process of my un-clever mind reveals itself at last. Everything I do is random. ^_^;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While Oni was supposedly on Earth fighting two scumbuckets(Aren't I liberal with my usage of words? Hu huu!) Taurus is looking for that punching bag of his --namely Raditsu. And he finds that flitty brother attempting to run away from his duties.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At this point Taurus would say something spiffy alike, "O'brother of mine where fore art thou heading?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Raditsu's reponse would be: "EEEEEKKKK!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Or maybe they would just have a nice conversation about, My ki is bigger than yours. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Behold my plan!! I did have one for this scene. Honest. ^_^; Raditsu was in his room when Taurus barged into it in his usual 'stomp stomp' style.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wanted to have him go out. Radistu has this urge to seek out all forms of pleasure to sate his atrocious sexual appetite. Between you and me(and a few others I imagine) I nicknamed Raditsu the "LoveMonkey".

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Taurus would okay this urge of his brother's because he wanted to go out to find Oni. About this time the lustbug had bitten his tail as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Except that as Taurus was leaving Raditsu's room he discovered something AWFUL. DESPICABLE. Downright(and in his opinion mind you) WRONG.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The only words that would be uttered from his mouth in a seething growl would be "KAKAROTT!"

Note: The picture of the woman in the background? It's one of my photo-manipulations on the wall. ^_^

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~insert action sequence here~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~insert action sequence -- I dislike Kakarott right about here~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What happened is that Taurus smashed the picture of Son Gokuu into tiny itty bitty pieces much to Raditsu's dismay. Now we start to see a different side to Raditsu; anger.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Taurus of course is oblivious to exactly why Raditsu is angry at him. I suppose the audience would be too which is what I wanted, lol. Welps, Son Gokuu is Raditsu's brother which makes him also Taurus' brother. I think we can safely assume that Taurus dislikes Gokuu.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Raditsu however likes Gokuu(despite the fact that Gokuu had to kill Raditsu once upon a long time ago). Here I envisioned him asking Taurus the simple but heavy question of, "Why?!"

Note: See the drawing in the background? I drew that five years ago for a member of mine named, Chu-ren. This is something I rarely do(I suck at drawing) but he was really nice and I couldn't refuse. Chu-ren is also the sole inspiration for my Raditsu because you see -- Chu-ren use to be the roleplayer for Raditsu at my club. I'm really basing my interpretation on his interpretation of Raditsu, lol!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Why?! What do you mean WHY," Taurus would bellow back. The Pirate King would then yell and scream about Radistu's betrayel and backstabbing --all the while Radistu begins to yell back about Taurus' insanity and inability to forgive.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Uh-oh there is definite conflict between these two. Son Gokuu(His Earth name) or Kakarott(His Saiya-jin name) is a very touchy subject. One that has been going on between these two for many a year.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Seeing no resolution in sight Raditsu decides to leave. He's not in the mood and is very close to a full-fist brawl with Taurus. "I've already lost one brother," Raditsu says as he leaves, "don't make me lose another."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hearing those words from Raditsu's mouth leaves Taurus with a very foul taste and a huge plate to chew on. Unfortunately for Raditsu he does not hear the very softly muttered apology from Taurus.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The lion-mained Saiya-jin arrives on Earth! This isn't the first time he has visited the planet. I was thinking at this point that he would visit a human girlfriend. Except that he stumbles upon something quite un-expected----

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sailor ChibiMoon! She's not having a good time trying to convince Derek and Veto to give up their evil ways.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In fact they pretty much embarass and humiliate her good intentions.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pretty-suited soldier of love and justice however isn't one to let a little negativity get her down. She challenges the two thugs to a duel. By the way, note the poster reference -- it's one of those quirks of mine again. I put in a poster of the musical of Sera Muun. The actress is Black Lady or the evil side of ChibiMoon. o_O

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was really proud of this picture. So cute and pretty! Sailor ChibiMoon launches into one of her special attacks called, Moon Healing Escalation. In the anime she shouts these words out as she twirls around in a dazzling display of light and magick.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Veto and Derek have no way to avoid the attack. They are hit and are tossed up into the air like whirling leaves on a windy day. The attack isn't really an attack but more of a healing kind of magick.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They come to their senses in a fit of confusion. Strangely enough their soul feels healed and relieved of negative thoughts. Instead of pursuing their previous desire to cause trouble -- they decide to go back to high school and enroll in the freshman class.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yay! Sailor ChibiMoon saves the day!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And just as quickly flies away before any questions can be asked. She ducks into an abandoned alleyway and transforms back into her civilian garb.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Right in front of Raditsu!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She's speechless beyond words. The most that would come out is, "Ahh Dahhh Urhhh."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Amused at her stammering nature Raditsu assumes that she is shocked at how handsome he appears.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He starts to ask her those questions that every unmasked superhero fears -- what got you into the career?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh and while you are at it--that was super cool! I can fly too, see?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ChibiUsa of course thinks he is crazy and runs away.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She manages to elude the stranger and begins to wonder how the heck she could be so stupid to let her identity be revealed?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Things don't get much better when Raditsu asks her, "Where were you running off too?" ChibiUsa is now supremely spooked. She had outran him and he was lounging on a parkbench right in front of her!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Who are you," she asks bewildered.

He then approaches in rico suave style with a huge smirk on his face. "It doesn't matter where you run to-I can find you anywhere." Saiya-jin have this thing where if they meet you, lock onto your ki(energy, aura), then they can find you where ever you are --barring a few exceptions of course. A Saiya-jin can also mask their ki in order to not be found which is the case with Oni.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ChibiUsa nearly falls to tears. She is actually a Sailor Senshi from the future. Her mother sent her back in time to train with the Senshi of the past. Apparently she isn't doing such a good job. Surprisingly Raditsu shows a compassionate side. This isn't without pre-meditation. The man did come to Earth to (cough)getsome(cough).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And our unsuspecting pink-haired heroine falls right for his charms.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ohh looky -- the original photo of Raditsu holding his hand upwards. In the story he is conjuring up a ball of ki to fling at Derek and Veto. In-game he's actually about to flick a water balloon at Derek. ^_^;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is just a random photo. I was going to use this as a 'drop kick' action sequence. I decided later that I wouldn't use it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Remember this scene? No? It's where Etenaru is up in the air and firing a blast at Oni.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think this will bring a snag of your memory back. The thought process of the action and actual manuevering of Oni took me about two hours to put together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's another original pre-work photo. Oni is whomping on Etenaru big-time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Post-work photo of the completed scene. I used about four different photos in this one shot. The special effects weren't too hard to do considering it was just a blend, a few colour changes, and a wind blast filter used on Oni. I was actually pretty lucky with this scene. Again, the Sims aren't made for action sequences so it was the actual posing that took time. By the time I had the poses I needed my folder was roughly 80 pictures full with all kinds of facial expressions and movements for that picture alone.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another scene removed and reworked with a different path. Remember Oni arrived at the Colonial Mall only to be attacked by a youma named Etenaru? Tee hee that was completely different from what I had originally set up. Here's how I had first imagined it to pass. Oni arrives at the mall but she is spotted by a random human. He notes the tears down her cheeks and the strange garb she wears. Now this guy is dangerous. Unfortunately he is a stalker, a loner and socially inept, that becomes obsessed with his target and bombards them with messages, emails, gifts, or abuse.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He stops Oni with a few words of concern. His voice is laced with false worry. The only thing on his mind is a complete fantasy world composed of part reality and part delusion which heis unable to differentiate. There are different types of stalkers and he's an erotomaniac. A delusional and mentally ill person that believes he or she is in love with you and will have created an entire relationship in their head.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oni is bewildered. She has never encountered such a situation before in her life. Out of the blue, a male is asking her personal questions, and attempting to be fresh!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She refuses his advances.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The guy is really mentally unstable. He thinks she's playing hard to get.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"I hear you, but you're not listening to me. I'm going to change. You're the woman I love, and I'm not letting you go. You're mine. We both know it. Now come along and stop this foolishness."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oni bit her lower lip in consternation. Were humans this forward with their affections? "What are you going on about? I have never met you before in my life! I don't want to go with you. I've had a really rotten day and I just want to be left alone. Do you understand anything I'm saying at all? Leave me alone!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Author's Note: What made me change this entire scene was because of the stalker scenario. The hubby had read it then mentioned it was entirely too dramatic for Saijin Moon. I encounter this kind of feedback a great deal. Admittedly I have this knack for writing overly-dramatic or detailed scenes that may be interpreted as excessive in some people's minds. Which is why I always put the big 'Warning' signs before a certain scene. I never know what I write will be considered excessive so I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

Like right now:

*+*VIOLENCE WARNING*+*

.
.
.
.
.
The moment she turned her back to him he reached up and began to choke her. "Don't make me mad! Don't! I want to make things up to you. I didn't mean to hurt you then and I don't mean it now but I won't stop until you LISTEN! We'll talk and you'll see. Things will change. We can get married now. Everything, everything will be all right."

Without bothering to reason any further, she screamed. She opened her mouth and let fly every frustration, every ounce of rage, every instance of self-pity, desperation, and destroyed trust she'd suffered today and every day before that. She screamed and kicked and pounded and bit until he hauled her like a howling whirlwind across the parking lot.

She aimed for his testicles when he adjusted his grip.

He let her go, then backhanded her so hard she stumbled and hit the pavement. Pain shot through Oni's elbow as it connected with the blacktop. Her hip slammed into a concrete separator. She tried scrambling away, knowing what would follow, but his steel-toed boot caught her leg.

She kept screaming.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Even as he leaned over to grab her by her hair--a voice shouted from somewhere beyond the veil of pain and blood and panic.

"Leave her alone, you bastard!" He slammed his fist straight into the man’s jaw.

SFX: KRA-POW!


*+*END OF VIOLENCE WARNING*+*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Can you stand up, miss? I'm here. Just back away from him. I got him covered."

Tears welled in her eyes once more. Quickly, Oni backed away from the attacker, pushing herself up with her hands. "I-I think I am fine."

Dark eyes then turned upon the stalker. "Leave," he snarled at the male on the ground. "And if you think you can come back to bother this lady again, I’ll make sure you won't be able to leave without crawling."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Picking himself up, he quickly ran away.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oni’s eyes were wide from what the newcomer had just done.

"Sorry," Nick tercel apologized. "I can be a barbarian sometimes."

Oni offered him a chiding smile. "No, you are not. I only wish you had punched him harder."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eyes of pewter stared down out of a face she'd never before seen in reality. It was the face of some perfect, ancient statue. His features sharp and angular, there was something predatorial in his gaze. Something that reminded her of a hawk watching a hare it wanted desperately to devour.

He gave her a smile that turned her legs to jelly. Startled, she felt her blood race through her veins. Could this be. . .love?

+++++++++

And there you have it. All the scenes I took out, and a bit of a step into the whole process of creating my stories. I'm no professional by any means. Now as to whom that mysterious fellow was? Well. . . I think you can safely surmise that it was someone she knew just in a bit of bad disguise. ^_^

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

By the way -- Oni is just fine. She and Taurus are currently having fun snuggling together. Thank you for reading this way boring and massively long production. If you made it this far I really am grateful that you took a few moments out of your life to indulge my sillyness. LotR is up next!!

The End

Comments

Popular Posts